Monday, February 27, 2006

On the Road


Spent some free time with the Volda team leader Anders at a
climbing
wall built in a silo.

Hey there everypeople:)
Please pardon the late updating. It's mostly official now that my laptop has crashed and is in the shop for recovery of certain important informationses. So I'll be working from whatever computer is closest till I sort it all out..
The last two weeks have been packed with travels and are winding down now. I've now visited all the cities in the project, 7 in all. I was in Volda Feb. 13th to 19th: helped Chris with some children's programs and spent time with the Volda team encouraging toward the vision of the project and seeing how the work was going.


Joined the Volda team at a Christian student
group, in the local High School, in prayer.

Had a good chat with the Valle team.
Anders is the team leader, 2nd from left.
Then it was up to Ålesund to chat with the team shortly and then meet with the YWAM base leader about the future of the 20 Cities project in Ålesund.
From the 22nd to the 26th I was in Valle, helping Chris with the children's programs and meeting with the team there.
The teams seem to be doing very well and I'm learning much about the different towns and the strategies the teams have for reaching out to the youth. I'm working with the teams, base leaders and the project team to see the teams be encouraged and supported. The YWAM bases seem to be taking steps to better their support of their respective teams.
Thanks for your prayers!
Wednesday, I'll be at YWAM's base in Skien to chat with the base leader about the cities they're supporting. Please pray that we'll be able to encourage each other in helping the teams reach out more and grow in the Lord.
God bless!
PS: My deepest condolences to the Hicken family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home