The Midnight Sun

Hey guys! Hope you're all enjoying your summers if you're in the Northern Hemisphere.
Last week Ingebeth, Per and I drove up (20 hours of driving) to visit a friend that lives a few degrees north of the Arctic Circle in Lofoten.

It was my last week of vacation and we had a lovely time. It never gets dark! weird, hard to sleep. Didn't get to see the midnight sun though, too cloudy. And I didn't get to go fishing either (they like to fish up there, it's an island ya know) 'cause I forgot my pole. So I saved a few things that I can do the next time I go up there:) Man! Norway is beautiful!!!
These days I'm busy chopping wood and doing minor construction projects here at the Grimerud base. All staff here have to do two weeks of non-ministry work each year, and I'm on my first; good to work with my hands again though!
Couple of prayer request here:
Still not finished planning the team training for August - Please pray that the right teachers would be able to come. Ingebeth and my plans for this fall and next year - that we could get to know each other better, preferably in the same town:) and that we would know the will of God!!
Thanks so much ya'll.
Love you guys and miss you.
God bless!
Matthew
questions? comments? Comment to this blog or email me - m_hochstetler@yahoo.com -


2 Comments:
i love these pictures. fresh! pretty.
Man i had no idea just how beautiful it is there!!!! very tranquil.....
Post a Comment
<< Home